Berkeley Township, NJ Sewerage Authority
Next Regular Meeting
February 18, 2015
Schedule of Meetings
- February 18, 2015 (Reorganization)
The Berkeley Township Sewerage Authority (the "Authority") is a public body corporate and politic constituting a political subdivision of the State of New Jersey. Pursuant to the Sewerage Authorities Law, Chapter 138 of the Laws of New Jersey of 1946, the Authority was created by virtue of an ordinance adopted by the Township Committee of the Township of Berkeley on April 19,1961. The Board consists of six appointed Commissioners, five voting members and one alternate, and is responsible for the fiscal control of the Authority.
The Authority is a wastewater collection system consisting of approximately 253 miles of 4 inch to 24 inch diameter sewer mains and 14 pump stations. The Authority provides service to in excess of 23,000 customers. The Authority has a contract with the Ocean County Utilities Authority for the treatment and disposal of sewerage.
Board of Commissioners:
- Chairman: Anthony DePaola
- Vice Chairman: Nathan Abbe
- Secretary: Robert Martino
- Treasurer: Wendy Colombo
- Asst. Secretary: Steve Pellecchia
- Alternate Member: Joe Bruscino
- Executive Director: Pete Cunningham [contact]
- Superintendent: James Curley
- Authority Attorney: Dina Vicari, Esq.
- Authority Engineer: Stephen Schreiber, P.E.